The official start to summer is upon us, so I wanted to celebrate vintage style! Here is a list of 10 vintage themed dates to have with that special someone or treat yourself!
1. Visit a Local Carnival: Dates do not get any more classic than this. Ride the ferris wheel, play a game, and admire the lights at night. Many carnivals are used as fundraisers for community organizations. Have a fun date while supporting your local community!
2. Berry Picking: Strange as this sounds, if you are lucky to live near a farm try picking your own strawberries or blue berries. You and your companion will support local farms, learn about your fruit of choice, and get some sweet alone time, and what could be better than that?
3. Volunteer: Volunteer at your local animal shelter, food bank, or hospital for a date. You will learn tons about your local community and make friends along the way, all while helping others!
4. Theatre: Take in a show at your local theatre. Many local acting troupes are quite good, and the price of the ticket will leave you enough funds to grab a cup of coffee afterward!
5. Touring: In the days before the automobile became second nature to most, people stood in awe of its capabilities, thus touring was born. Grab your favorite pair of spectators, sunglasses and head scarf to enjoy a day of sightseeing. Explore a nearby town you hardly know and you will be surprised.
6. Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Is there a more classic date than catching a baseball game? Support your local team, grab a hot dog (or veggie dog) and sit back with your sweetie to take in the sights and sounds of the game. Even non sports fans can delight in the spectacle of baseball.
7. Go Out For Ice Cream: Whether your flavor is chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla getting ice cream can be an inexpensive and fun date and if you're lucky you'll even get to play miniature golf!
8. Camping: Check out yard sales for an inexpensive way to stock up on camping gear then hit the trails with your favorite guy or girl! Be sure to remember the smores.
9. Skate Date: What better way to get to know someone than by skating to disco favorites!
10. The Picnic: Pack a basket with special sandwiches, wine and do not forget the homemade dessert!